Associations & Regulations

The Associations and Regulations section of this site encompasses the institutions responsible for regulating and maintaining the standards of wine production around the world. Here, you'll find articles about regulatory offices, wine associations, wine institutions and more in reference to their respective countries and regions.

What Is That on My Wine Label? AOC, DOC, IGT & IGP Explained What Is That on My Wine Label? AOC, DOC, IGT & IGP Explained What Is That on My Wine Label? AOC, DOC, IGT & IGP Explained What Is That on My Wine Label? AOC, DOC, IGT & IGP Explained

What Is That on My Wine Label? AOC, DOC, IGT & IGP Explained

Throughout the European Union, there are standards and classifications for certain traditional foods and wines. In France, this system is...

10 Wine Professions & What They Do 10 Wine Professions & What They Do 10 Wine Professions & What They Do 10 Wine Professions & What They Do

10 Wine Professions & What They Do

Working in the wine world presents many different types of opportunities for people who are passionate about all aspects of oenology,...

How Many Levels of Sweetness Are There in German Wines? How Many Levels of Sweetness Are There in German Wines? How Many Levels of Sweetness Are There in German Wines? How Many Levels of Sweetness Are There in German Wines?

How Many Levels of Sweetness Are There in German Wines?

Germany (and Austria) stand out among the other wine-producing countries and the wines are classified using a german wine classification in...

The Regulated Wines of South African Viticulture The Regulated Wines of South African Viticulture The Regulated Wines of South African Viticulture The Regulated Wines of South African Viticulture

The Regulated Wines of South African Viticulture

The wine of South Africa may be placed in the category of New World wines, however, this exotic country, found in the far expanses of the...

What it Takes to be a Sommelier What it Takes to be a Sommelier What it Takes to be a Sommelier What it Takes to be a Sommelier

What it Takes to be a Sommelier

Sommeliers often retain employment in medium to high level restaurants that carry a quality wine list. In other roles, sommeliers can...

The Champagne Riots of 1910 and what Led to Them The Champagne Riots of 1910 and what Led to Them The Champagne Riots of 1910 and what Led to Them The Champagne Riots of 1910 and what Led to Them

The Champagne Riots of 1910 and what Led to Them

During the early part of the 19th century, the region's wine grape growers and wine makers were in a row over the finished wine price and...